Mobilegeddon is here, and it is taking over the digital world. Thanks to it, when we think about smartphone applications, we always focus on native apps. These are applications, specifically developed for certain platforms. For example, certain apps are suitable for iOS systems only, while Android versions enjoy certain apps that Windows systems cannot run. That is an outcome of the highly specific app development process. It has become an integral part of the application development industries in the world.
Right now, there are thousands of app development companies in India that are trying to get ahead of competitors from all around the globe. India is a nascent and a fast-growing market for native apps. The nation’s recent inclination towards iOS devices provides a new potential market for iOS app developers in the country. However, there is a raging gap between the ideators and the executors in the development sectors in India. Being one of the best iOS app development companies in Mumbai, we make sure that there are separate teams for each part of the development process. Compartmentalization and perfection of communication during the process is necessary to eliminate repetitive steps.
At this point, you may be wondering why we are harping on and on about the app market in India. If you are still skeptical about hiring professionals to build smartphone apps, you should take a look at the following stats –
- In 2017, over 268 billion mobile downloads will generate a revenue of $77 billion.
- Individuals currently spent about 52% of their time on digital media on mobile applications.
- Users spend about 26% of online time on social media, 10% of that time on utility applications, 10% of it on entertainment apps, 2% on news and 1% on lifestyle apps.
Why do you need the help of a smartphone app development company?
There was a time, when website developers with a background in coding, moonlighted as apps developers. That was way before mobilegeddon came into being. Google really didn’t care much if your website was mobile-friendly or if it had a native app version.
Chatter from chatbots
Chatbots are the newest trend in 2020. From Kik to Amazon, everyone has chatbots now. Allo and Alexa are two of the newest chatbots that are catching up with Siri and Cortana in popularity. Our teams for mobile app development in Mumbai are working to develop native chatbots that are entirely compatible with their apps and operating systems.
Google’s new love for native apps
Right now, things are different. Google has openly declared its inkling for mobile and native applications. Along with this massive change, 2016 had ushered in VR and AR. It became a mainstream event with the launch of the Pokémon game for Android users.
Internet-of-Things or IoT is another massive change that is in the queue. In 2017, most new-age digital companies have started working on the IoT applications. The market revenue is on the rise. IoT is revolutionizing kitchens, automobiles and even cribs. Check out our personal take on the IoT on our GingerDomain.com website.
Personalize the world
Location Based Services has taken the world by storm. It is an additional touch of privacy to your regular smartphone apps. Imagine this – you want to plan a weekend getaway, and you ask your cell phone application for help. The technology can figure out all the locations, services and options based on your current locations. LBS and Beacon tech are on the rise. There is no way you can survive mobilegeddon without integrating these into your smartphone app to-do list.
A new emphasis on security
Security has always been a primary concern for most smartphone users. Even the most popular shopping applications such as Amazon and Flipkart have the option of storing credit and debit card information. Therefore, unless you can get this data encrypted, you cannot guarantee protection to your users. At Ginger Domain, our primary focus is on consumer security. It will also extend to Android users. We put extra emphasis on security and privacy. This is one of the deciding factors for the popularity and rating of applications in 2017.
Why do you need an expert smartphone application developer for building native apps?
If you have a company that sells domestic products, you will want to tap into the entire potential market in India and the rest of the world. You cannot expect all your customers just to use Android or iOS. Your consumer base will be a mishmash of Apple users, Android users, Windows patrons and (rarely but some) Blackberry users.
There are some companies that make one application that somehow manages to survive on every platform. There is a huge disadvantage to this process. Designing one app for all automatically means that the end product lacks optimization. If you are thinking about going with this process to save money on professionals and app development companies, you will be making a big mistake.
Android app development companies in Mumbai are not rare. However, getting a company that will optimize your business application for each and every platform is quite exceptional. Building for Android requires a thorough knowledge of Java, whereas building for Windows OS requires a knowledge of C# and VB.NET. Apple is another story altogether. Building native apps for iOS devices requires Objective C. This is one of the toughest languages, and even professionals avoid it if possible.
It is impossible for an individual app designer and developer to cover all the platforms. That is why if you want an optimized application for each and every platform that your potential customer might use, you need a professional team to design and develop the same as per your specific requirements. GingerDomain.com has multiple such encounters with native app design. You can check out our previous projects and client reviews for a better idea on the kind of native apps our team has already developed.
Why should you not go for hybrid apps?
Is there no way you can bypass native apps? Of course there is! Hybrid applications use web browsers to run. They are HTML5 based, and they can run on almost all platforms.
So why are they not used as much? Do you remember the dawn of 2012, when Facebook, LinkedIn, and Xero introduced their mobile applications? Do you remember the user experience? It was nothing close to what we experience right now. It was full of glitches. The screens froze, and of course, more than half the content was not responsive.
What should dictate your choice of smartphone application platform?
You are possibly here because you already have mobile app ideas. Before we can start working on the design and features, let us delve a bit into research. This will help us understand what you want from the end product that we will design and develop.
- Who is your target group?
- What is the purpose of your mobile application?
- How will your customers find and use your app?
- What is your approximate budget for app development?
- How much time are you willing to give for the development process?
- How are you planning to promote the application?
You can gather all these information by working with your IT and marketing teams. If you do not have a dedicated marketing team that can tackle the challenges of an app related research, you can come to us. GingerDomain.com is the only company for mobile app development Mumbai that has a dedicated research team to help you gather information from market research.
In addition to the six crucial questions, our team will also help you figure out the following –
- What features will your new app contain?
- What will be your app’s core appeal?
We will help you establish a goal for your app. This is essential for the planning step. Without a clear goal, the development process will slow down. We know you have a budget for this project and a deadline. GingerDomain.com will always ensure that you get real-time updates on your project.
What is the basic structure of a smartphone app development process?
Every conventional app building process has a set structure. At the GingerDomain.com mobile app development company Mumbai, we have optimized the process in 8 intricate steps.
This is where we sit with you and brainstorm to come up with ideas that perfectly suit all your requirements. Once you have your objectives clarified, we give you a basic working idea of how the app will look like.
Wire-framing the foundation
We make a blueprint of the structure. This is similar to blueprinting the architecture of a house. We include all the details about the platforms, features, operating system requirements and other specs.
Designing the basics
In this step, we check and recheck the functionalities of the proposed application. We make sure that we cover all the parameters, and that we adhere to your budget, timeline and design concept.
Developing from the final sketch
Whether it is an Android or an iOS app, you will need a UI to start. Our design team starts the basic coding within a given timeframe. You will continually receive prototypes of the application for testing.
Testing and testing again
This has to be the most crucial step for our clients and our teams. The Quality Analysis team performs checks at all the gateways. Ginger Domain has a unique way of running tests. We make sure that we get the app tested by our internal teams and our client-side teams at every stage of development. This prevents the accumulation of multiple roadblocks during the building process.
Marketing the finished results
Once the final product is tested and ready, our team submits it to the app market. It is likely that you do not have a developer’s account. Our team members will help you create one and give you complete rights to pricing. You can manage your own developer’s account once you get to know the technicalities. We are here to help you with every step of this process. You can check out more about this on our mobile app development company in Mumbai website.
Promotion of the product
Once your app is on the market, you need the potential users to notice the app. If you have a marketing group of your own, that is brilliant! You can use their resources to promote your app in the Android and iOS markets. If you do not have a dedicated marketing team, don’t be glum. We can lend ours to help your app become famous. We include Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and other blogging sites in our scope of marketing and promotion.
Collecting reviews from every source
Most companies will try to make you believe that the development process ends with the promotion. Do not believe them. How will you analyze your ROI if you do not have subsequent proof of the returns? You need to collect positive reviews, ratings as well as negative ones from all the portals endorsing your app. Our online marketing team can help you with this step as well. Just drop us a message if you need help with publicity, and our team will take care of it.
GingerDomain is, by reputation, one of the leading mobile app development companies in Mumbai. We also have separate teams looking after iOS apps and Windows apps. This is what makes us unique. We have the solution for all kinds of technical problems. Our experienced team members have been working on mobile and website app development for years.
Key Mobile App Statistics
- Mobile apps are expected to generate $189 billion in revenue by 2020.
- The Apple App Store has 2.2 million apps available for download.
- There are 2.8 million apps available for download on the Google Play Store.
- 21% of Millennials open an app 50+ times per day.
- 49% of people open an app 11+ times each day.
- The average smartphone owner uses 30 apps each month.
Top Mobile App Development Frameworks in 2020
- Swiftic is one of the best mobile app development frameworks available in the iOS platform. It is featured with an easily navigable interface.
- Xamarin is one of the top mobile app development frameworks and it is .Net based. This native platform is introduced by Microsoft. Being a cross-platform and open source app building platform, Xamarin offers a development ecosystem with backend, API, components, etc. It is a .Net developer platform supported by various tools, libraries, and programming languages. With Xamarin developers, you can build native applications with the support of an active community for Android, tvOS, watchOS, iOS, macOS, and Windows.
- Ionic helps you to build interactive hybrid and Progressive Web Applications along with cross-platform applications. This open-source framework offers premium services for creating applications. Ionic covers building applications for the web, Android, and iOS.
- Flutter is a UI toolkit by Google help in building native applications for the web, mobile, and desktop. This UI toolkit is featured with fully customized widgets, which support to create native applications in a short period. Besides, the Flutter’s layered architecture ensures a faster rendering of components.
- Corona is a cross-platform & open-source development framework, which is suitable for building games and applications. It is also known as the 2D game engine. With Corona, you can make an application for both mobile and desktop. This platform supports iPhone, iPad, tablets, Amazon Fire, Android phones, Mac Desktop, Windows Desktop, etc. Besides, you can build compatible applications for Fire TV, Apple TV, and Android TV.
- JQuery Mobile is a user interface system based on HTML5. This web is touch-optimized and used to build highly responsive applications for smartphones, tablets as well as desktops/
We are a Mumbai-based company team of young, talented individuals with highly specialized skills in website development, mobile app development, and app optimization. Check our previous projects for our collection of cross-platform applications that have won the hearts of millions. If you want to make a dent in the digital world with smartphone applications. For your project requirement lets connect today!